After a few cups of java I went straight to my art desk and worked on painting my first angel with watercolors. I don't find watercolor quite so forgiving as a lot of people do. I think it's probably because I don't really have the proper techniques down yet but I will continue to work on it. I wish the photo showed my pearly paints though. I used them in the halo, the wings, and the banner. Maybe I'll try and get a better photo later.
I'm not sure straight watercolor will ever be my thing. I do admit that I used some Prismacolor pencils to help this painting out a little bit. Also some pen as well. And I probably will continue to do so as long as my watercolor paintings look as messy as they do when finished with the watercolor part. I just can't leave it like that so in comes the mixed media! I put this angel in my art journal instead of making a painting for display. I may keep practicing though and try working on one to display eventually.

No comments:
Post a Comment